Free Lines Arrow

Friday 31 July 2015

Expect the unexpected

   Every parents' responsibility is to earn money by working hard. So as usual, both of my parents working from 8 to 9 every day. Since im the only child, im already used to being alone at home after coming back from school for almost four years of being in the evening session school. Nothing really happened throughout the four years.
 
    It was around 5.30 pm, i walked back home from school alone as usual. The sky was a little hazy as it was about to rain any sooner. So i walked two steps faster than i usually did. It gives me goosebump while i was rushing back home as the wind blows the opposite direction way too strong. To make it worse, i can see from the corner of my eyes that someone in black was following me. At first I thought it was just my imagination but then I heard footsteps coming closer towards me. I turn around but there's no one except for the stray cats. I started to panic a dash of home. I found out that my house was dark. It is not a usual thing to happen because the auto-timer light was supposed to light iup at 6pm. I can feel something was wrong.

     I searched for the house key in my school bag. Being the clumsy me the key fell down i picked it up and open the fornt door. I stepped inside and shut the door as quick as i could and switch on the light. I stood still and be quiet as possible to detect any unusual sound in the house. I doubt to move at first, i dont want to make things worse by panicking. So i dialled my mom's number but it goes to voicemail and i gave up. I put my back on the couch and walked to the living room. To distract myself i decided to watch my favourite series. Just when i was about to sat down, the house phone rang. I ran to reach the phone but the phone hung up. I waited for awhile for a second call just incase. The house phone didnt ring up so i went upstairs.  Just  when i reached to the living room's door the house phone rang for the second time. Again, i ran to reach it so and it was my mom calling. She was whispering sounded like in a rush. Mom asked me to locked the door and take care of myself as they will coming back a little bit late than usual. After i hung up i went back to the living room to diatract myself. 

      After awhile, i laid on my bed and played with my laptop when suddenly i received an unexpected call, again. I thought it was my mom when i picked it up there was no one on the line and thats when  i heard something crashed downstairs. My heart was pounding so fast i tried to be brave as i reached the baseball bet under my bed and tip toeing downstairs. The lights went blinking and "POOOF!" everything went dark. I heard a knock from living room so being the curious me i went to check where was the sound coming from.

       As i was about to hall i saw two sparks of light. I went through it that is when i heard the sound confetti and party honks crossing over the hall. A room full of people shout "SUPRISE!!!" I was starstrucked there was so many familiar faces including both of my parents in the middle of the circle holding the cake. The spark i saw just now was the candle of the cake. Then it hits me tgat all this was a surprise birthday party. I thought there was something  spooky in the house or even a burglar trying to rob the house when it was just a 17th surprise birthday party for me. 

-: Eryssa Ardilla Binti Azmi

No comments:

Post a Comment